Sweet Shop FAQ
What are your opening times?
- Wednesday – Saturday 10am-5pm
- Sunday 11am – 5pm
- Mondays & Tuesdays - Closed
What is ½lb?
- ½ lb (half a pound) is an Imperial measurement – a British and traditional method of weighing out sweets!
- Half a pound in small Imperial units = 8 ounces.
- In metric terms, half a pound is approximately 225 grams.
When will my sweets arrive?
I have forgotten my Password
- We endeavour to despatch your sweets 2-5 working days from you ordering (excludes Saturdays & Sundays).
- To make posting costs effective, we use 2nd class Royal Mail. Second Class Royal Mail aims to deliver within three working days of posting by us.
- All orders weighing 1.75kg and over will be sent using DPD at a fixed rate of £6.99 (please note no deliveries on a Saturday & Sunday or Bank Holiday Mondays).
- No courier services will be offered to the Highlands & Islands, Northern Ireland, Sicily Isles, Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. Only Royal Mail will only be offered.
- Delivery to a few European Conutries (currently on hold) and takes 2-3 working days. Price is from £15.99 a parcel.
- We sometimes use the services of Parcel Force as an alternative courier option.
- If you require a parcel urgently, please contact us by phone on 01423 712371 Wednesday – Sunday. Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for further information.
Do you deliver outside UK?
- Please click here and enter your email in the box provided. A new password will be sent to you. You can then change your password once you have logged in.
How do I contact you?
- We now send to France, Spain, Republic of Ireland, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands with DPD couriers only.
Our Postal Address is:
39 High Street
By Phone number:
01423 712371 (please note; Weds-Sunday, 10am-5pm)
Or send us an email by clicking here
and we will get back to you as soon as we can.How Can I Pay
My favourite sweet is out of stock/not listed
- We accept all major debit and credit cards through our secure payment facility SagePay.
- We accept payment through PayPal.
- If you have an account with Amazon, you can log into your account at checkout and pay securely through Amazon.
- Phone orders or postal orders can be paid for via cheque. Please write cheques to ‘Oldest Sweet Shop Online’ and send with your order number to 39 High Street, Pateley Bridge, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG3 5JZ. Thank you.
- Alternatively you can give your order over the phone. Please call 01423 712371 where we will be happy to assist. Orders over £500
- If you would like to place an order over the value of £500, please get in contact by calling us on 01423 712371.
Why do you need my email?
- If a sweet is out of stock, we will be more than happy to notify you once we have the sweet back in. Just send us a message using the Contact Us link.
- The main reason for giving us your email is so we can contact you during all stages of your order and let you know its progress. Email is also the easiest method of contact regarding orders.
- We do offer our newsletter and special offers via our mailing list. You are automatically added to our mailing list but you can opt out easily by unsubscribing on your customer account or by following the unsubscribe link on the bottom of newsletter emails.
- It is well worth subscribing to our newsletter – not only do we write interesting sweetie articles and talk about our shop, you will also be the first to know about new products and special offers!• We do not under any circumstances give your details to 3rd parties.
Why am I asked to register?
- Registering makes it easier for you to track current orders and makes future orders a quicker process.
- You can view previous orders, make repurchases and save time!
Is ordering online safe?
- We are totally secure. Payments are processed with one of the world’s leading and largest secure payment facilities.
- We actively monitor, update and improve our website software which is stored on secure servers.
- You may be asked to do extra security checks called 3D secure which is an online version of chip and pin. This adds an extra level of protection for your card. Please see below for further information:
Master Card Secure Code allows you to create a password for your card - which only you know - to be entered with each transaction online. This adds an extra level of protection for that card. All you have to do to use Master Card Secure Code is place an order with us and follow the instructions. Alternatively you may contact the card company who issued your card to apply. Please note this is a free service offered by Master Card and most web shops
Verified by Visa allows you to create a password for your card - which only you know - to be entered with each transaction online. This adds an extra level of protection for that card. All you have to do to use Verified by Visa is place an order with us and follow the instructions. Alternatively you may contact the card company who issued your card to apply. Please note this is a free service offered by Visa.
Please note that most online web shops now require you to pass 3D secure checks.
Can you Guide me Through an Order
Can I change or amend my order after it has been placed?
- While we will certainly do our best for our customers, sometimes it may not be possible.
- Firstly it is important that you always make sure your order is correct before placing. Should an order still be being processed and has not been dispatched we can normally accommodate for minor changes.
- If an order has been dispatched it is out of our hands and nothing can be done. We process orders quickly so get in contact ASAP via Contact us – with your order number.
Why Do you not Offer 1st Class Post by Royal Mail (UK Mainland only)
I’ve found a problem on your Website. What Should I do?
- Arguably most post sent by 2nd class invariably gets there just as quick as 1st Class.
- This option is more economical for you – with the recent large increase in postage rates and the fact that 1st class IS NOT GUARANTEED NEXT DAY it is really not worth the extra cost considering the above statement.
- 1st Class postage is only offered to customers living in the Highlands & Islands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Sicily Isles and Channel Islands as we do not offer a courier service to these places.
- Please get in contact via contact us stating the problem you’ve encountered. We are constantly trying to improve our website but being only mere mortals we may miss something and deeply appreciate any help. So in advance a big sorry and a larger ‘Thank you’!